Coronavirus updates and information: http://stillwater.org/news/view/id/531
Though the Stillwater Pubic Library is closed to in-person visits, a variety of services remain online, by phone, and more. Accommodations for due dates and other alterations have also been made. See below for details.
· The library has changed all item due dates to May 1, 2020. This means that fines will not be accruing on your checked out material and you will not need to renew online or call for a renewal. The book drop is also closed effective 3/23/20. Please hold all items until further notice.
· If you have lost your library card, need a new card, or have fines preventing you from logging into the Oklahoma Virtual Library, please email email@example.com or call 405-372-3633×8111. We’re working on adding more e-books and e-audiobooks!
· Librarians will be taking information requests and answer your questions via phone (405-372-3633 x8106), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Facebook messaging.
· Librarians have created a series of web pages that list local updates, reliable health information, resources regarding utilities, internet and phone services, help for local businesses, and even entertaining educational resources for kids and adults. All of the links are accessible from http://library.stillwater.org/covid-19_information.php.
· Community members may use the library’s two wifi internet connections. Please remain in your car to help maintain social distancing. The unsecured connection does not require a password. The secured connection is a safer option and requires the password #9SPL2!!
· Miss Elizabeth, our children’s librarian will be holding storytimes on Facebook Live on Tuesdays at 3 pm and on Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:30 am. The storytimes will be available to view for 24 hours.
· Librarians are also organizing a Big Library Read! It’s a global eBook club that allows you to borrow “Funny, You Don’t Look Autistic” by comedian Michael McCreary from the Oklahoma Virtual Library, no holds/no waiting, from now through April 13. Librarians will organize online book discussions so we can talk about the book together. We’ll have more details soon, but in the meantime, start reading! Access the book at https://tinyurl.com/SPLBigRead