You don’t become the fourth busiest airport in the state with more than 100,000 commercial airline passengers without a little help from your friends.
That’s why we’re inviting our airport partners, frequent flyers and community members to a special thank you celebration on Friday, Aug. 24 to show our appreciation for your support of Stillwater Regional Airport over the past two years.
“Whether you helped us bring American Airlines to Stillwater or simply purchased an airline ticket, you’ve played an integral role in helping us strive to fulfill our airport’s true potential,” Stillwater Regional Airport Director Gary Johnson said.
The thank you celebration begins at 10:30 a.m. in the Stillwater Regional Airport terminal at 2020-1 W. Airport Road. Join us for special remarks from representatives from our key partners including:
- American Airlines
- Oklahoma State University
- U.S. Senator for Oklahoma James Inhofe
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation
- Transportation Security Administration
City Manager Norman McNickle also thanks our partners at American Airlines, Oklahoma State University, the Stillwater Chamber of Commerce and Visit Stillwater for their efforts to promote our airline service and to our region’s industries and businesses that made SWO their airport of choice for domestic and international travel.
“Our business community is a significant factor in why our airport is a success,” he said. “We want to encourage more people and businesses to take advantage of the convenience and ease Stillwater’s airport provides.”
Since American Airlines began service in August 2016, Stillwater Regional Airport has made a number of impressive achievements:
- February 2017: Team Stillwater won American Airlines’ Customer Cup for the fourth quarter of 2016.
- May 2017: Honored with the 2017 Oklahoma Airport Operators Association Airport of the Year and Airport Manager of the Year awards.
- May 2017: Airport Director Gary Johnson and Operations Chief David Lyons were honored with the Partnership Award from Team Oklahoma of the Transportation Security Administration.
- February 2018: Named the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2017 Oklahoma Regional Airport of the Year.
- June 2018: Added a third round-trip flight to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
- July 2018: SWO surpassed 100,000 American Airlines passengers.
“Seeing our community’s airport reach these milestones is very special,” Mayor Will Joyce said. “It’s incredible to see what this service provides for our city. I want to recognize and say thank you for the hard work our partners and team members atStillwater Regional Airport and American Airlines have put in the past two years.”
To book a flight from Stillwater Regional Airport, go to http://aa.com and use airport code SWO. The airport features daily round-trip flights to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, free parking, shorter security lines and competitive rates with larger airports in the state.
You can also learn more about the airport on our recently redesigned website at http://flystillwaterok.com/.