Coronavirus information center:
The City of Stillwater has developed a Social Distancing Protocol to help essential businesses that are operating under the Governor’s Fourth Amended Executive Order 2020-07 dated March 24, 2020, and the City of Stillwater Emergency Proclamation dated March 30, 2020, protect the health and welfare of its customers and employees.
These protocols are summarized as follows:
1. Limit the number of people who can enter into the facility at any one time to ensure that people in the facility can easily maintain a minimum six-foot distance from one another at all times, except as required to complete the Essential Business activity;
2. Where lines may form at a facility, marking six-foot increments at a minimum, establishing where individuals should stand to maintain adequate social distancing;
3. Provide hand sanitizer, soap and water, or effective disinfectant at or near the entrance of the facility and in other appropriate areas for use by the public and employees, and in locations where there is high-frequency employee interaction with members of the public (e.g. cashiers);
4. Providing for contactless payment systems or, if not feasible to do so, the providing for disinfecting all payment portals, pens, and styluses after each use;
5. Regularly disinfecting other high-touch surfaces; and
6. Posting a sign at the entrance of the facility informing all employees and customers that they should: avoid entering the facility if they have a cough or fever; maintain a minimum six-foot distance from one another; sneeze and cough into one’s elbow; not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
7. Any additional social distancing measures being implemented (see the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidance at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html).
A form describing each of these protocols and how it should be implemented is available for download here. The City asks that each Essential Business complete this form once the protocols are in place and post copies of it in plain view near each public entrance of the business. It is not necessary to submit the completed form to the City or any other governmental entity.
Contact the City Manager’s Office 405-742-8209 if you have questions.