Story provided by Visit Stillwater
Merry Main St. is Stillwater’s newest holiday attraction and is scheduled to take place the four weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas in the heart of downtown Stillwater.
Shopping and entertainment opportunities will occur on Block 34 and include specialty retail shops in climate-controlled geodesic dome structures, carriage rides, food trucks, Christmas tree sales, music, and more.
Window murals and displays will provide a fun experience while browsing the downtown retail shops. Merry Main St. also includes the traditional Stillwater events such as the Christmas Parade, Breakfast with Santa, Stillwater Community Singers and band concerts.
Shannon Williams, co-owner of Greige Goods in downtown Stillwater, and City Councilor Alane Zannotti have partnered as the Merry Main St. coordinators for this inaugural event. “We are very excited that so many local organizations are going to provide family-friendly shopping and entertainment options for the holidays,” said Zannotti, “This would not be happening if it weren’t for the amazing collaboration between the City of Stillwater, Downtown Merchants, Visit Stillwater, Stillwater Chamber of Commerce, Stillwater Community Center, and OSU’s Prairie Arts Center.”
Four of the geodesic domes have been reserved by various retailers based around the state of Oklahoma, and one larger dome will feature food, beverage, and entertainment options for shoppers. Williams said, “Each of the sixteen vendors will have the opportunity to set up for one weekend to provide a variety of shopping experiences throughout the holidays.”
Vendors that will participate this year are:
November 29 – December 1
- The Vinedresser Boutique/Bud +Bloom Clothing Co. – Mangum
- Woodsman Trading Company – The Village
- Twisted Horn Boutique – Stillwater
- Bella Marie’s Bakery – Stillwater
- Honey & Co. – Hennessey
- Varnish & Velvet – Morrison
- Oklahoma State University Store – Stillwater
- Butter Bean Boutique – Stillwater
- Dear Brit & C2G – Stillwater
- Pic | Print | Press – Stillwater
- The Round House Bakery – Perkins
- Hey Sister Boutique – Perkins
- Polished Prairie Boutique – Stillwater
- Oklamerica – Stillwater
- Discovery Toys – Stillwater
- SeneGence/LipSense & Prairie Arts Center Pottery – Stillwater
For the most current and up-to-date community-wide holiday information, go to VisitStillwaterOK.org, “Like” Visit Stillwater on Facebook, and follow @VisitStillwater on Instagram and Twitter.